Friday 14 February 2014

I try to stay on topic but it doesn't seem to work

Its Valentines day today. Now, seeing as I'm a single guy who works in a semi fancy restaurant, I won't be doing much more than dropping Calamari and Arancini in a fryer tonight. The other 600 people who have reservations tonight are probs gonna get more action. I'm actually pretty cool with this. I don't have to spend my money on getting her something super duper awesome because I have to work. And I don't really have to be ashamed about the fact that I look like shit today (and the past few days, I have a cold and my acne is being a real bitch about it lately).

Don't get me wrong, I do want a girlfriend, they are a lot of fun when you find a good one, even when she lives a thousand fucking miles away. But they warrant more attention and devotion than I have time right now and I'm all broken and emotionally damaged. I'll just wait until I go to Myrtle Beach with my BFF Claire during Canadian spring break (mid march, it changes depending on schools, they like to change them up that way not everyone is off at the same time). I might find myself another American girl, I really seem to like anglophone women for some reason. Like the rest of my siblings actually. Annie, who's 23, and Emilie, 25, have (and are in the case of Emilie) gone out with English speaking boys. Maybe I forgot to mention I'm Québecois. French (the real stuff, not whatever it is they speak in France these days) is my native tongue. I adopted English when I was in high school, also where I lost that atrocious southern accent I've been told I had. Might have something to do with all the westerns I watched growing up.

My mother and father (real one here) made us watch English TV when we were young and when we watched movies we watched them in English. I would wake up around 6 or 7 back then (I was crazy, I remember when I found out I could fart with my arm pits I actually woke my parents up that early, on a Saturday, I was a weird little bastard) and I'd watch it again in french or I'd put the subtitles on. None of us have a frenchie accent when we speak English now, you can tell we ain't from LA (Lower Alabama) but we speak good.

No comments:

Post a Comment