Wednesday 12 February 2014

February 2nd, 2014

Now, this is my first ever Blog and this is my second post. The first one motivated me to start this thing. I know people with blogs and I didn't really understand them until now. Alright, lets introduce meself. I'm Patrick, I like the aforementioned things (look at the title of this blog). I work as a cook these days, for a semi fancy restaurant. Well at least I think it's fancy, I'm more of a ''hey, let's eat at the cafeteria'' kind of guy. I admittedly still went to my high school  to get some spaghetti when I was in college. College, Pffff, what am I saying, I sounded all educated there for a moment, I meant Cegep. I live in Montreal, Qc, Canada. We have a slightly different education system where high school lasts 5 years and elementary 6. So after 11th grade you go to a Cegep where you can choose to do different programs. It's an extra step so as to not commit to something you don't want to be. The general degree you can get is a  DEC or Diplôme d'Éducation Collègial or Collegiate degree. This in turn diverges in two segments (bear with me here) a 2 year program that is meant to be a pre-university thing and a 3 year technical program that can put you in a good paying job right there (sort of a community college type thing). You can also opt to go to university after, but honestly that's pretty much for overachievers and the like. Now, back to me, I'm 18, soon to be 19 (in a few months). This makes you doubt my credentials, doesn't it? I'm 18 and I work as a cook, I must have gone to prison. Nope, I'm straight edge, pretty much. I had a few little awkward detours in my college career. I started with a technical in electronics engineering technology, electrotech for short, at Dawson College. I also joined the Dawson Rowing Team which eased my entry in the college social life (also gave me an 8 pack and awesome quads but that's another topic). This is important here because my life then became a little crazy. I woke up around 530, biked to practice, about 15km away, rowed until 730, biked to school, 10km, schooled until 1800 and then biked home, 20km. I did homework for a few hours and relaxed by watching a movie or a tv series (because an episode is never enough). I went to bed around 2330/100 hours. Then it all started again the next day. Being a novice on the team I wasn't supposed to practice every day but thanks to my technical abilities I fixed boats on the days there was no practice for me, or I sat in for a missing person. When we got to Halloween I was done for, my grades were getting bad and my health wasn't exactly stellar. I caught Mononucleosis, Yoohoo, no school or anything for the next 2 months. I canceled all my classes and thanks to a doctors note, my grades were simply never in the system.

END of the first part

No comments:

Post a Comment